Monday, September 27, 2010

Austria Days 4-6



Hallo wieder!!

The past two days have been a blur of early mornings, glacier skis and chilly afternoon runs.

The weekend brought a ton of glacier snow with it... along with a ton of wind and a whole lot of rain down here at sea level. Skiing was crazy, we were pretty much skiing in a complete whiteout. It was even hard to see the person skiing beside you or the corner coming up. Pretty cool, but the combination of super strong winds and blowing snow, required some determination and warm clothing. The gondola stopped on the way down yesterday, right in the middle of a cloud. Pretty scary :/

Today, on the other hand, was another bright day, at least on the glacier. We were skiing above the clouds, so we avoided the overcast conditions down below. This afternoon had a core session on tap, we worked on getting mad six packs in a soccer field by the ski jumps. We rounded off the training day with a game of soccer, always fun :) As for our evenings, I just got destroyed at poker, me losing my chips so fast is what gave me time to write this, its a good thing I suck ;)

I'm looking forward to the three afternoons off that we have coming up, it will be nice to see some of the cities around here and break out of the eat, sleep, train routine we have going everyday. My one teeny complaint about the trip so far is how little of the whole country we have seen, I feel like Europe is about more than just training and hotels. But I'm sure those afternoons will help fill that craving!

Gute Nacht!

Michelle :)



Our little cabin on the glacier



Rollerski advice







Core



One of our hotel's bunnies



Trying to learn poker...













No comments:

Post a Comment